last day in the knit lab EVER!

This past Wednesday was our final class in the knit lab EVER! (for those in Seiz’s block at least) It’s surely been a whirlwind of a semester, let alone an entire year! I’m not even sure where to start about how much we’ve all been through, learning and growing as knitwear designers so I’ll just keep this short and sweet.

Seiz's class with Nick!

Seiz’s class with Nick!

We owe a huge thanks to Professor Seiz and Nick, our Stoll lab technician as well as Professor Grealish, Katherine our other Stoll lab technician, and Norbert our Dubied lab technician. Without them we wouldn’t have the guidance and expert advice on all things related to knitwear. THANK YOU!

What would I do without Nick & Seiz!?

I’ll admit I will miss the knit lab at FIT, my second home for the year! We’ve had our ups and downs in the knit lab but in the end many great things came out of being there.

On another note, I’m so fortunate to have been able to share my time with my fellow knitwear students! We’ve all become so close to each other and created a bond despite the fact we are all trying to make it in this industry. As Professor Seiz mentioned, it’s great to keep your friendships and connections in the industry as who else would you rather want to work with than someone who’s work ethic you already know about?

I can’t believe we’ve really made it to the end, but it’s really just the beginning!

Til next time!

julianne_banner

About Julianne

I like knitted things, traveling, and tattoos.
Bookmark the permalink.