She’s a winner..and her name Caroline

Not only is her name used in the hit song Roses by OutKast this girl is pretty cool [ she has a pet hedgehog! ] Let me introduce to you all my fellow classmate…Caroline. Caroline is hard-working, has the ability to stand up for herself, be creative, and focused. Her garment which was white as snow and decked with ostrich feathers won the People’s Choice award with thousands of likes. Our class was so excited to hear that one of us made it through! Caroline, please continue to “feather” the world with your creative talents and passionate soul! Here is our interview! I hope you like it as much as I do!

Caroline Vagnone

Caroline Vagnone

Please share a little bit about where you’re from and what made you want to be a designer?

I was born and raised in Wantagh on Long Island. Ever since I was little, I was always interested in fashion, and I always had a sketch book on hand. Art was always my passion, but I didn’t truly know what I wanted to do with it. One day, when I was sitting in a fashion class at another school, I really started to develop a sense of what I wanted to do with my life. The thought of designing clothes became such an exciting concept to me, so I took the plunge and trusted my instincts.

who have you interned/worked for ?and how was the experience…was there something specific you learned?

I have interned for a couture evening wear company called Rene Ruiz for two years now. It is such an amazing company and just a great place to work in general. I started working with them before I was even accepted into special occasion, so I really learned what went into making something beautiful and one of a kind.

What was your inspiration for your thesis collection? what references intrigued you?

I really didn’t have one inspiration if I’m completely honest. It was sort of everything that inspired me while I was designing each look! I did however watch a lot of fantasy films like Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter while embroidering my first look, and I think that fantasy feeling came out pretty strongly in the end.

If you could visit any place in the world, where would you go and why ?

I would absolutely love to go to Egypt and study the pyramids. I think it would be really inspiring for a future collection! Ancient civilizations have always fascinated me.

Any regrets? Is there something you wish you could turn the hand’s of time backwards to do related to your college experience?

I definitely don’t regret anything, but if I could go back in time I would tell myself to enjoy myself more, and to be less stressed about things.

If you had 1,000,000 dollars to give away, how would you do it?

If I had 1,000,000 dollars I would distribute it amongst my family and friends that have supported me this far and if there was any left to give away I would probably just surprise strangers that do kind deeds for others every day and ask for nothing in return.

What song best describes your college experience at FIT?

Whenever I had to get a project done I would always listen to Gotta Get Thru This by David Bedingfield…I know it’s a pretty old song but it’s my anthem!

If you did not choose fashion, what other industry could you see yourself working in?

I was actually pretty close in choosing marine biology as a carrier. Thankfully I was a liberal arts major at the previous college I attended, because I was able to take both biology and fashion classes.  I’m really glad I chose fashion design.

What motivates you to stick in there and keep moving forward?

I think it’s more so who then what…a support system is a major motivation boost. Whenever I’m feeling defeated my boyfriend Brenton is always there to pick me up with his words of encouragement. He always reminds me to never give up and to keep pushing for my goals.

If you knew you could not fail, what would you do?

If I knew I wouldn’t fail, I would start a bunch of companies, First and foremost my own couture evening wear line. I would then branch off into other things, kind of like what Vera Wang did.

What are your plans for 2015?

In 2015, I plan to continue working for Rene Ruiz in their New York showroom. A little later in the year I will relocate to Miami, Florida where I will then work for the same designer where they design and produce all of their garments.

Check out her work by clicking link below!

http://carolinevagnone.wix.com/carolinevagnone

With Love,

Travis Dean pereira

Bookmark the permalink.